So the word is out. I've sealed the deal on my next book, to be called "FREE". Here's how New York Magazine described it:
Long Tail Author Sells Next: Chris Anderson, author of much-cited paradigm-shifter The Long Tail, sells new book Free to Will Schwalbe at Hyperion. Agent is John Brockman. New title explores "the most radical price of all — zero — in the context of the economics of abundance." Times Magazine editors crack knuckles.
I actually have no idea what that last sentence means.
The book is due to be finished by mid-2008, for publication as soon after that as possible.
Here are some of the subtitles I've been kicking around:
1) FREE: The story of a radical price (zero)
2) FREE: How $0.00 changed the world
3) FREE: How companies get rich by charging nothing
4) FREE: The economics of abundance and the marketplace without money
5) FREE: The past and future of a radical price.
I kind of like #5. What do you think?